Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Crashes

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 11:00:50PM +0100, David Fletcher wrote:
> I've recently moved from FC5 to Feisty.
>
> I have always used the KDE desktop but my favourite music player has always
> been Rhythmbox. Unfortunately it crashes out when I try to play tracks on
> Feisty. Others are having the same problem. Please see
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=459383&highlight=rhythmbox
>
> I just ran it as suggested in the above thread from a shell, and got the
> following:-
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 167
>   Major opcode:  144
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> X Error: BadDevice, invalid or uninitialized input device 167
>   Major opcode:  144
>   Minor opcode:  3
>   Resource id:  0x0
> Failed to open device
> /bin/sh: /usr/bin/esd: not found
> /bin/sh: /usr/bin/esd: not found
>

> Then I tried to play tracks and got this:-
> (rhythmbox:5997): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Couldn't find an x overlay
> /bin/sh: /usr/bin/esd: not found
> /bin/sh: /usr/bin/esd: not found

Based on this, I'd suggest that disabling the visualization plugin might
fix it.  Which video sink do you have selected in gstreamer-properties?
Is gstreamer0.10-x installed?

> (rhythmbox:5997): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Cannot load module
> `/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libhttp.so'
> (/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libhttp.so: cannot open shared object file:
> No such file or directory)
>
> (rhythmbox:5997): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Cannot load module
> `/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libhttp.so'
> (/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules/libhttp.so: cannot open shared object file:
> No such file or directory)

Did you copy /etc across from your FC5 install?  In any case, install
libgnomevfs2-extra.

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/LocalCoverArtSearch.py", line
> 44, in _load_dir_cb
>     on_search_completed_cb (self, entry, results, *args)
>   File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/rb/Coroutine.py", line 53, in callback
>     self._resume ()
>   File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/rb/Coroutine.py", line 40, in _resume
>     self._continuation.next ()
>   File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/CoverArtDatabase.py", line 148,
> in image_search
>     engine.search (db, entry, plexer.send ())
>   File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/AmazonCoverArtSearch.py", line
> 122, in search
>     self.search_next ();
>   File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/artdisplay/AmazonCoverArtSearch.py", line
> 152, in search_next
>     self.loader.get_url (url, self.on_search_response)
>   File "/usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/rb/Loader.py", line 54, in get_url
>     gnomevfs.async.open (url, self.open_cb, data=("", callback, args))
> TypeError: Cannot build a gnomevfs.URI

This is probably related to the above messages.

> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

If this continues, please open a bug in bugzilla and include a stack
trace.  (see http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces for more information).