Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] m4v podcasts in rhythmbox

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 21:31 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 06/06/2007 alle 10.36 +0200, Martin Wagner ha scritto:
> > Hi!
> >
> > After some amazing excursions to the world of gstreamer & co., I still
> > wonder if there's some possibility to make m4v podcasts in rhythmbox
> > work.  I can download everything, but when trying to playback, nothing
> > happens...
>
> It seems[1] that M4V file are DRM protected, so no hope IMHO.
>
> [1] http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/m4v

That's rubbish. Most m4v are just "MPEG-4 video" in Apple-speak. M4P are
protected, and then again, suffixes don't mean a thing.

It's highly unlikely Podcasts would be copy-protected anyway. It's more
likely that Martin is asking for video podcastss support, which has been
discussed already on this mailing-list.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>