Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Wikipedia Python Plugin

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 11:47:41AM +0200, Patrick Sernetz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing a small plugin to view some information about the artists.
> It´s
> already working and is my first program in python.
>
> My problem is that I would like to display my plugin in a similar way like
> the embedded visualize plugin. This area is called
>
> notebook area, I think. But how can I add my page to this area. In the
> Vis-Plugin seems to be a add_page and show_page function
>
> for this. But it seems that the python binding doesn´t have anything
> similar. Has anyone already solved this riddle.

I've just added the necessary bits to the python bindings.
Here's how to use it (in the python console, for example):

>>> import gtk
>>> q = gtk.TextView()
>>> b = gtk.TextBuffer()
>>> b.set_text("hi")
>>> q.set_buffer(b)
>>> q.show_all()
>>> shell.add_widget(q, rb.SHELL_UI_LOCATION_MAIN_NOTEBOOK)
>>> shell.notebook_set_page(q)