Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Troubling building and running rb from svn

On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 14:50 -0500, Jon Dufresne wrote:
> I am trying to compile and run rb from gnome svn. I can successfully
> make it, but it does not appear to work properly when I run it. I am
> compiling under fc6. When I make I get the following warnings:
>
> ../../libtool: line 6823: LC_ALL: command not found
> ../../libtool: line 6823: LC_CTYPE: command not found
> ../../libtool: line 6823: LC_COLLATE: command not found
> ../../libtool: line 6823: LC_MESSAGES: command not found

These look odd and I'm not sure exactly what would cause them, but if
everything builds fine, it might be okay.

> After it makes when I run it I get the following warnings
>

> ------
> $ ./rhythmbox
  <snip>
> Is this something that I'm doing wrong or a bug in rb? This is using
> svn revision 4925.

If you want to run Rhythmbox from inside the source tree, you need to
pass --enable-uninstalled-build to autogen.sh/configure. This tells it
to look in the current directory for it's data files.

We should probably print out a message when you try to run it like that.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
I have hardly ever known a mathematician who was capable of reasoning.
    -- Plato