Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] duplicate-format songs in library; speed of import

On 5/21/07, shivers ccs neu edu <shivers ccs neu edu> wrote:
I have two questions/issues with respect to Rhythmbox.

1. I keep songs redundantly formatted in my music repository: every
   song is stored full-resolution in flac and lossily compressed in
   mp3. This means that when I import my repository into Rhythmbox,
   I see every song twice. This completely hoses my ability to play albums
   with any ease at all.

Did yo tried to build 2 smart playlists using the bitrate criterion ?
(assuming that your flac files are hifi and of higher bitrate than
your mp3).

cheers
Christophe