Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Cover Art Size Issue

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 13:12 -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 9:51 AM, Richi Plana <richip richip dhs org> wrote:
>         After moving to Fedora 8, I noticed that Rhythmbox on it
>         (first 0.11.2
>         and now 0.11.3) would not display some cover.jpg files I have
>         in their
>         subdirectories. This used to work in the 0.10.x series on
>         Fedora 7.
>         After doing some checking, I noticed that the files it
>         wouldn't display
>         were big files (size-wise). It seems files bigger than 140KB
>         or so
>         wouldn't be displayed by the cover art plugin.
>
>         Was this a self-imposed limitation? Or a bug?
>
> Where are the cover files in relation to the music files? And what are
> they named? Sorry for the basic questions, I'm sure you checked that
> already, especially if it worked previously.

Same subdirectory. I had to rename all my "front.jpg" files to
"cover.jpg" ... and now I discover it's not configurable, 8-|. And yes,
it used to work.

My music files are actually NFS mounted over the network, but I just
tried as exercise to make a local copy. The same thing: cover.jpg
wouldn't display but when I mogrify'd it to -quality 60 -size 500x500,
RB would display it.

BTW, I'm just assuming it's the size of the file that's the difference,
but I'm not certain. It could be the quality or dimension ... or some
different encoding. *shrug*. Would the devs want a copy of one of my
cover.jpg files that won't display? Better yet, could you teach me how
to debug?
--

Richi Plana