Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Please don't use EasyTAG (was Re: Japanese support - solution)

Andrew Conkling wrote:
On 9/3/07, Alex Lancaster <alexl users sourceforge net> wrote:

Yes, indeed.  I wish people wouldn't recommend using EasyTAG because
it can't handle ID3 v2.4 (mainly because it still depends on the
obsolete and no longer updated id3lib library).

This is only an issue with MP3s, yes?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, EasyTag actually writes id3 tags even to ogg files, which is also wrong. It may not immediately cause problems with Rhythmbox, though, but it's still not a good idea.

Mika