Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] yet another rb plugin: Rhythmweb

On 9/30/07, Michael Gratton <mike vee net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just released the first version of Rhythmweb, a plugin that provides a
> web interface for RB.
>
> You can download it from here: <http://web.vee.net/projects/rhythmweb/>
>
> Flames, bugs, questions welcome.

This is really nice. I've been vaguely intending to make something
like this for a while, but I never quite got around to it. Now I guess
I don't have to.

A couple of quick bug-like things:
- the 'previous' action handler tries to call do_prev on the player
object, but the method is actually called do_previous
- I'm pretty sure I fixed the crash that occurred when calling
plugin.find_file() a week or so ago
- is there a way to stop the HTTP server from logging to standard error?
- the playing song title doesn't get updated correctly on
next/previous when crossfading is enabled. Not at all your fault,
though. I don't think there's a nice way to do this.
- It shouldn't be too hard to make it track the streaming song titles
from radio/last.fm streams. This is done with the
entry-extra-metadata-notify signal from the db object; the extra
metadata field names are "rb:stream-song-title" an d likewise for
artist and album names.