Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Preferences feature request

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Andrew Conkling
<andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Edgar Luna <edgar lunadiaz net> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Andrew Conkling
> >
> > <andrew conkling gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > > On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Edgar Luna <edgar lunadiaz net> wrote:
> > >

> > > This example makes sense, but only if what you put in the queue is #5
> from
> > > that playlist. What if you put in a random song from a different
> playlist?
> > > What would you expect to happen after that song plays in the queue?
> > >
> > Given that the last song in the queue is called "s" and it comes from
> > source called "S"
>
> > (this is, the user went to that playlist or to the
> > library and selected the song there),
>
> Aha... that was the part I didn't get before.
>

> > after queue is played always
> > play S[s+1]. No matter which S is, forget in which source rhythmbox
> > was before starting playing queue, just play S[s+1] or another opiton
> > which seems odd to me is play S[1], the first song in the same source
> > of the last song in the queue.
> >

> ...in which case, why not just go to S and double-click on s to play it
> there? In your example, I don't even see why you'd be using the play queue.
> What you seem to want is for the queue to switch the active source after
> playing something in the queue, when all you need to do is switch the source
> by playing the song there.

My use of case is like this: I don't want to use rhythmbox each time
it ends a song, I don't want to put attention in rhythmbox, but I want
to control what will be played, I want give it 30 secs right now, set
the queue and then I'll know exactly what will play, for the next 3
hours or more (even after queue is played). Right now I have to adjust
my listening of the actual song before setting the queue I need to
change to source "S" and set song "s" before start listening songs to
queue, which is "ok", just that I need to do that when the actual song
is ending (because I want to listen that song, want to avoid the next
one and all the others form its source) and with my 42 mins, 24 mins
length song isn't that "nice". I can live with it; but in the other
hand changing the behaviour to jump to S[s+1] after queue can easly
simulate the actual behaviour if the user just set the last song of
the queue as the next song that he is actually listening before queue
start playing.

I'm not sure if I explain well that the proposed behaviour can (with
more effort than the actual, I'm not denying that) simulate the actual
behaviour.

--
Edgar A. Luna