Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Preferences feature request

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Jonathan Matthew
<notverysmart gmail com> wrote:

> The behaviour you're asking for sounds pretty sensible. The current
> behaviour is just whatever happened; I didn't really think about how
> the queue should interact with the regular play order, other than that
> any entries in the play queue should be played before the next entry
> from the play order.
>
> That said, this isn't the sort of thing we should be adding
> preferences for. It's difficult to explain what it means in a short
> sentence, and once it has been explained, it's difficult for a user to
> form any opinion on which behaviour they'd prefer.

I must say that I do not understand your line of reasoning. Why would
a user have difficulties forming an opinion about which behaviour
he/she would prefer? In my opinion it is a matter of formulating the
question in the preferences dialog the right way. A (maybe)
comprehensive and correct way to ask the user for the desired
behaviour could be:

     "When the play queue reaches its end would you like Rhythmbox to
continue from the position of;
          () the manually last played song play queue
          () the last song in the play queue"

This is of course a rather hasty and not very thought trough example.I
hope I got my english right now. If not, I still hope that you
understand what I am getting at :)

Regards,
Martin Karlsson