Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Feature suggestion: Random playback in the scope of albums

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:15:50 +0200, Jan Rathmann wrote
> I also have already made up my mind about how this feature could be
> integrated in the GUI of Rhythmbox. In Amarok it is solved the way
> that there is a small icon in the lower window corner which toggles
> the current play mode between "normal" "random (song scope)" and
> "random
> (album scope)" when you click on it. This fits well to the user
> interface of Amarok, but I am not sure if it would also fit to the
> one of Rhythmbox. Maybe it could be solved by adding a additional
> button next to the one that is already there to enable random
> playback, called "Play albums in random order" (or something like
> this). If this button is clicked, then the random-button for songs
> would automatically be "unpressed" if random song playback was
> enabled (and vice versa).

What if the current random button triggered a drop down list with the
different types of random playback? For now, it would be two but I'm sure
other people might like to add some in the future.

--
Jason Bodnar
jason shakabuku org