Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] question: i moved my music library folder but them all my points or stars for my songs disappeared.

On Feb 4, 2008 15:53:05 "Piotr Gaczkowski" <doomhammerng gmail com> wrote:
> I have to say it's an overkill. I have like 20k entries in my RhythmDB
> and would be rather unhappy if I have to manually edit them.

granted, that's a pain-in-the-a** to manually edit. but how about this:

mv ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml rbdb-backup.xml
sed -e 's,home/RBlibrary,Places/Music,g' rbdb-backup.xml >
~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml
mv home/RBlibrary Places/Music

you still have the backup, in case anything goes wrong. let me know if it
works. ;);) (if you're reckless, you can
sed -ie 's,home/RBlibrary,Places/Music,g' ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml
to change the library directly)

7<arsten