Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] how to get a list of all sources

Hi,

The sourcelist_model is a Gtk.TreeModel (you can find out by using "print shell.props.sourcelist_model.__doc__" and checking the properties inherited from its parents. There are other ways to find it out). You can then use the Gtk documentation in:
http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2reference/class-gtktreemodel.html
Or better yet, use the tutorial:
http://www.pygtk.org/pygtk2tutorial/sec-TreeModelInterface.html

About Rhythmbox sources, the sourcelist_model is separated in groups. So the rows you'll get are the groups, the first one for Library and the second for Playlists. And the children of these rows are actual sources (the source object is the fourth in the row) . This code make it more clear:

for group in shell.props.sourcelist_model:
    print 'Group name: ', group[2]
    for source in group.iterchildren():
        for props in source:
            print props

There are other ways to access this information, using the sourcelist_model directly, instead of iterating, it all depends on what you want to do.

I hope this helped, having more questions, just ask.