Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [Patch] Minimize to tray on close

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 17:59 -0500, Marshall Scorcio wrote:
> I did not realize that this was such a controversial issue.
>
> After reading the bug comments it looks like the devs are pretty much
> against adding an option for changing the window close behavior.
>
> Since the bug is a "WONTFIX" is there any reason for me to add my
> patch to the comments?
>
> I do not want to irritate any developers and if the project doesn't
> want my patch I totally understand.
>
> My patch does differs from the other patches available in that it adds
> a check box to the preferences dialogs and I think it fits better with
> the rhythmbox coding style.

Given that your patch makes the behaviour optional for those that want
it and "status quo" for those that don't, I would be greatly
disheartened to see the continued resistance to the feature.

Certainly I can understand resistance to a change in SOP, but given that
this change is selectable, why not?

b.