Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Suggested Features

At 7:14a -0400 on Sun, 20 Jul 2008, Mats Taraldsvik wrote:
>> Totem, VLC, and Mplayer don't have the awesome organization that
>> Rhythmbox has. For someone with alot of videos he helps to be able to
>> see all the videos lined up in that window.
>
> Then this should, in my opinion, be a feature request in one of those
> video players (preferably Totem, as it would benefit Gnome). Rhythmbox
> is a music player (not a media player).

Boy, not to hijack a conversation, but that screams to me of "don't
reinvent the wheel."  In this case, Rhythmbox has done a wonderful job
of presenting a clean interface for finding music.  Why not modularize
it/librarify it so that other projects don't have to recreate [your] wheel?

It's tied to the library, but with a generic model for a library ... Is
there much talking/sharing between developers of the aforementioned
projects?

Kevin