Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] error when trying to install rhythmbox 0.11.6 locally: `libiradio.la' can't be put into local directory

Christophe Fergeau schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> 2008/7/27 Alexander Senger <neutronenspalter freenet de>:
>> I try to build rhythmbox 0.11.6 from source and install it in my home-directory on a Ubuntu 8.04
>> machine.
>>
>> After running the autogen-script with:
>>

>> ./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/gnome-svn/rhythmbox --disable-scrollkeeper --disable-fm-radio
>

> If you are using the source tarball, running configure should be
> enough, autogen.sh is only needed when using svn. Is it working if you
> don't pass the --disable-fm-radio flag ?
>
> Christophe

You are right, I got the source from the svn repository as advised on the Rhythmbox site on
live.gnome.org. Unfortunately I don't know where to get it else.

The --disable-fm-radio flag was only a quick try to avoid the iradio-library (I thought it might be
connected in one way or the other.). The installation fails also with this flag omitted.

As far as I figured it out by myself the whole business seems to be an issue with libtool having to
 install the libraries in a different directory than they were build (or so). I stumbled upon this
thread:

http://www.mail-archive.com/libtool gnu org/msg09027.html

Bad luck that gnu.org seems to be down at the moment as there are some related threads stored there
which could provide more insight.

To make a long story short: If you could point me where to get the source tarball, I would happily
live with doing it the old fashioned way.

Thanks

Alex