[Rhythmbox-devel] [Patch] Minimize to tray on close

Hello,

I am attaching a patch for rhythmbox in response to the feature request here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/rhythmbox-devel/2008-June/msg00017.html

The patch adds an option allowing the main window's close button to minimize rhythmbox to its tray icon instead of exiting the application.

It adds a gconf key (set to false by default) to /apps/rhythmbox/ui/hide_on_close and a checkbox to Preferences -> General -> Behavior that says "Minimize window to tray icon when close button is pressed".

As the option is disabled by default it should only affect those people who want to use the feature.

The patch is against the latest svn revision: 5785.

This is only the second patch I have written and the only one that I have submitted to the developers. Whether or not this patch is used in rhythmbox I would appreciate any feedback anyone can give me regarding the patch or how I submitted it.

Thank you for your time.

Marshall