Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] sharing RBs-databse on Gutsy

My setup, and how I'd recommend you go about this, is to install a DAAP
server like Firefly (http://www.fireflymediaserver.org/) on your server
(or the desktop which is physically storing the mp3s). Then, all the
client PCs can access the stored music using daap.

This works really well because:
- Rhythmbox lets you copy files from a daap share, so you can drag
tracks for the share directly to a connected ipod, or even to the local
Music folder, and RB will automatically copy/transcode them.
- If, for any reason, the daap share isn't available, RB will still work
fine on the client PCs. This is most important if any of them are
laptops. EG, on my own laptop, I can launch RB when connected to my LAN,
and play any files from my collection. The ones I want to store on my
laptop I can drag and drop to "Music", and then when I'm at work, launch
RB and play any of these files without hassle.

I've been using this setup for a few months now and I'm really happy
with it :)