Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [ANN] Rhythmbox plugin for pitch and tempo control

Willem van Engen wrote:
I'd like to announce the first release of a Rhythmbox plugin that allows
the independent control of tempo and pitch during playback. I was glad
to find that almost all things I wanted were supported by Rhythmbox's
plugin architecture, thanks!

The source code can be found at:
  http://willem.engen.nl/projects/musictools/

Very cool! I'm thinking of using echonest's analysis data to have smooth automatic beatmatching and mixing of songs, and this is an excellent first step to achieving that! I'll be sure to look into it, and the the scaletempo libraries!

When I install the plugin, however, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/eric/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/scaletempo/__init__.py", line 127, in activate
    self.scaler.activate(shell.get_player().get_property('player'))
File "/home/eric/.gnome2/rhythmbox/plugins/scaletempo/__init__.py", line 86, in activate
    self.gstelement = gst.element_factory_make('pitch', 'pitch0')
gst.ElementNotFoundError: pitch

I *do* have gstreamer-plugins-bad installed, but maybe Ubuntu Hardy has a version that is too old?

--
- eric casteleijn
http://thisfred.blogspot.com