Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] More Rythmbox

On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 12:47 +0200, eric casteleijn wrote:
> > I created a playlist and set it to random shuffle and over the course
> > of the last few hours I've heard a couple of songs get played two or
> > three times consecutively. If I wanted to hear the same song over and
> > over again I would play it over and over again.
>
> I don't know the answers to all of your questions, but this is what
> random means. Every song has an equal chance of being played next
> including ones that have already been played. (This is not particular to
> rhythmbox, I think you'll find.)

Random, yes, but since Rhythmbox uses 'Shuffle', I'd use a deck of cards
as the analogy. 'Shuffle' will then play the songs in a random order,
but once the song is played, it is removed from the deck.

> If you don't want a song to be played more than once, you somehow have
> to put a random selection in the queue, where songs are removed
> automatically as they are played.

Playing one song twice should only happen when you have both 'Shuffle'
and 'Repeat' on - or else there wouldn't be any point in having the
'Repeat'-button.

Mats