Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Import last.fm statistics into rhythmbox

Luca,
This looks really cool! I'm a happy user of both rhythmbox and
last.fm, and hadn't learned of libre.fm until now. I'll give libre.fm
a shot now that I know about it.

One fix I have for you is that my rhythmbox.xml file is stored in:
 ~/.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml
not in
~/.local/share/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml
as you have hardcoded in lastfm_stats_in_rhythmbox.py . I attached a
tiny patch to lastfm_stats_in_rhythmbox.py which checks in both
locations for the rhythmdb.xml file. FYI, I'm using Rhythmbox 0.11.6
on Ubuntu Intrepid.

The lastfm_stats_in_rhythmbox.py script seemed to work for me after
the fix. Thanks for sharing this -- I hope it catches on, I could see
this being a handy plugin if integrated properly (e.g. clicking a
button in rhythmbox to handle the sync all in one pass).

Josh

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Luca Invernizzi <invernizzi l gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I wrote a little python script that synchronizes the play counts of
>     each song in Rhythmbox with a last.fm account.
>     You can check it out at
>           http://code.google.com/p/lastfm-stats-in-rhythmbox/
>     Comments are appreciated.
>
>     Keep rocking,
>      Luca Invernizzi

105,106d104
<     lastfmdump_path = sys.argv[1]
<     rhythmdb_path = None
108,120c106,107
<     rbxml_paths = ['.local/share/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml',
<                    '.gnome2/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml']
<
<     for rbxml_path in rbxml_paths:
<       if os.path.isfile(os.path.join(homedir, rbxml_path)):
<         rhythmdb_path = os.path.join(homedir, rbxml_path)
<
<     ## If we couldn't find the location of rhythmdb.xml, bail out now.
<     if not rhythmdb_path:
<       raise IOError, \
<             ("Could not find file rhythmdb.xml. Looked in the following "
<              "locations: %s" % repr(rbxml_paths))
<
---