Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Fwd: Fixing ReplayGain support in rhythmbox

2009/8/7 Calvin Walton <calvin walton gmail com>

Hmm. I’m thinking about this, but not much is coming to mind. Any
exceptions in the python code would have been reported on the console
with -d, of course.
One thing you could check, do you actually have the “rgvolume”
gstreamer element installed (use “gst-inspect-0.10 rgvolume” to
check). It’s part of the gstreamer-plugins-good package, so it should
be in Fedora (the licensing is OK).
If it’s not present, I’m not checking the return value of the
gst.element_factory_make, so it might be adding a NULL element to the
pipeline.

Success. :-)
It turns out I had the cross-fading backend switched off. Once I enabled that, everything worked. I'm not sure why that would make a difference, but maybe you could test this yourself to see if you can reproduce it. However, I am happy because from my limited testing thus far, replaygain works again. Thanks Calvin, this rocks. :-)

--
Regards,
Derek