[Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox won't play files

Hello, Rhythmbox will start up but when i try to play a file in my
library it won't... I'll try to describe it's behaviour:
I press the play button in the upper left corner and it will skip over
3-15 files (like if they lasted 0 seconds, which they don't) then stop
on a file, it will show the play logo next to it, but the cursor will
stay still on 0 seconds and it won't play. This then happens on every
file in the library i double click on

When I try to quit it locks, and have to kill it. Here's what I'm
getting on the terminal

$ rhythmbox

(rhythmbox:17375): Rhythmbox-WARNING **: Unable to grab media player
keys: Could not get owner of name 'org.gnome.SettingsDaemon': no such
name

(rhythmbox:17375): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_x11_atom_to_xatom_for_display:
assertion `atom != GDK_NONE' failed
^C

I'd love to give some more decent clue of what's the problem but I
really can't immagine...

I remember something similiar happened to me on Ubuntu (right now I'm
on Archlinux) and there restarting pulseaudio made it work (without
restarting rhythmbox)... Now it doesn't

Renato