Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Compiling issues on debian (debian/changelog and debian/control)

Thank you Sven,

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 11:50 AM, Sven Arvidsson <sa whiz se> wrote:
The debian dir in Rhythmbox git is severely outdated and should probably
be removed, it's not used to build the debian packages.

Yup, that's what I though.

Try grabbing the debian packaging from here:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-gnome/packages/unstable/rhythmbox/debian/#_packages_unstable_rhythmbox_debian_
or use "apt-get source rhythmbox" and re-use the debian dir.

That means that Debian packagers (e.g. Loic Minier?) have manually edited the changelog in debian/ at the time of the packaging, but these changes have not been uploaded back to git (which - afaik - is the only version system used by rhythmbox, anymore). Is it right? How did they proceeded to compile it?

I've just seen that even if rhythmbox-0.12.4.deb has not been uploaded in debian repositories [1]-[2] yet, its sources have already been uploaded [3], so that theoretically I could now use dh_make and the "rhythmbox_0.12.4.orig.tar.gz", or original tarball, to obtain the package. Isn't it?

Thank you for your help.

giopas

[1] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/newpkg
[2] http://packages.debian.org/experimental/main/newpkg