Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Saving Import Errors

On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 19:30 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 03:23:35PM -0600, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > I spent a couple of hours today digging around in the RB Python console
> > looking for an object that would give me access to the list of files
> > that show up in my import errors (~400 songs) so that I could save them
> > to disk.
> >
> > 1) Is there a better way to do this?
> >
> > 2) If not, can someone point me to the right object? and method
> > call(s)/parameters?
>
> I'd suggest locating the import errors source in the source list, then
> iterating the contents of its query model.

Hrm, that's what I'd tried to do, but was unable to find it. I thought
that maybe the import errors source wasn't exposed in the Python code.
I'll have another look. If I still can't find it, I'll a concise Python
console session (I don't read C, so looking through the .c files has
only been helpful at the most intuitive level).

> > 3) It may be useful for folks if RM provided an "Export Errors"
> > functionality + menu item...
>
> What do you suppose people are going to do with this information?

I have music from many different sources -- some of which have formats
that other media players can't render. The media files in my (networked)
library are managed by more than one computer, so it's always been
useful for me to have a list of problem-causing files that I can look at
from multiple machines/operating systems in order to most easily fix all
the problems.

I'd have a hard time imagining that I'm the only one with this use
case... but it's certainly possible :-)

Thanks,