Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] plans for 0.12.x

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 01:46:29PM +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> Intentions for 0.12.x:
> - GNOME modernisation efforts (drop libgnome, maybe use GtkBuilder, etc.)

libgnome is still done, GtkBuilder is done, GtkStatusIcon also happened.

> - GStreamer modernisation efforts (playbin2, decodebin2)

playbin2 is done (now requires GStreamer 0.10.20).  The metadata reader code is still
using decodebin.  Switching to decodebin2 offers some interesting possibilities, as
does the tagreadbin element that's currently under development.

> - embedded cover art

done, as previously mentioned.

> - make the GStreamer codec install thing less annoying
> - make use of album artist information when importing from CDs and possibly
>   other sources

nothing much happening on either of these.

The current state is more or less (actually, just more) what I wanted to get done
for the next release, so I'm going to release 0.12.2 in about a week.  Here's a
prerelease:  http://www.gnome.org/~jmatthew/rhythmbox-0.12.1.91.tar.bz2