Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Question

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 21:46 -0800, Gregory Palazzolo wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to load mp3 and mp4 music files from my USB chip into
> Rhythmbox but find that when I remove my USB the files are gone from
> Rhythmbox.  Is there a solution?
> Greg Palazzlo
> new user

Hi,

When you add music to the Rhythmbox library, it doesn't actually copy
the music to your hard drive. Instead, it reads the music directly from
where it was originally stored.

Since your files were originally stored on USB, Rhythmbox can only read
them when the USB is plugged it. (If you plug it back in again later,
the files should re-appear in Rhythmbox automatically).

If you want to copy the files off the USB drive and onto your computer,
you'll have to use a file manager to do that before you add them to
Rhythmbox.

Hope that helps!

--
Calvin Walton <calvin walton gmail com>