Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] send notice to idnetica/twitter from rhtyhmbox

On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 17:28 -0500, Ryan Peters wrote:
On 08/29/2010 08:55 AM, aliva wrote:
> > hi!
> > I was working on a plug-in for Rhythmbox to send notice to identi.ca
> > because identica and twitter have similar API it will work with
twitter
> > too ( i have only tested identi.ca)
> >
> > this plugin adds your accounts to rhythmbox toolbar as buttons and
you
> > can send current music information to identi.ca by clicking on them
> >
> > get it from here
> > http://github.com/aliva/rhythmbox-microblogger
> > see a sample notice here:
> > http://identi.ca/notice/47924990
> Wonderfully done! It works perfectly with my Identica account
> (http://identi.ca/notice/47970238). I've even made an Arch Linux
package
> of it for AUR (Arch Linux User Repository), but I have a few problems
> before I submit it:
>
>     * What version should I call it?
>     * Should I have it pull the latest version from Git (Arch is
awesome
>       like that), or a stable package hosted elsewhere? If a stable
>       package, what should the version number be? 0.1, 1.0, 0.5...?
>     * The plugin description in Rhythmbox is "Something!". It would be
>       nice if you fixed this to say something other than...
something :P.
>     * This part isn't a problem, but I /LOVE/ the edit-before-you-post
>       feature. When I used LiveTweeter for Songbird (back before it
was
>       insanely bloated and buggy and when it supported Linux), this is
>       something I've always wanted to do. Adding context to what I'm
>       listening to is a great way to not annoy people by giving you
more
>       of a reason to mindlessly post what you're listening to :P.
>     * In my PKGBUILD (the file makepkg on Arch reads to build the
>       package), I have it rename the plugin directory to
>       "rhythmbox-microblogger". Is this okay with you? I figured that
>       should keep it organized, and the plugin source/plugin window
>       still show you as the author.
>
> Keep up the good work! Please respond :)!
>
>      - Ryan Peters

hey!

* I have added verison to README and rhythmbox-microblogger.py
* latest version is on git (Is it ok?)
* I forgot to change that string :D did it now.
* when i change the name of directory from rhythmbox-microblogger to
something else. it returns some errors in finding images. you did not
had any problem?

* I had added a new feature today: threading
the older one made Rhythmbox gui stop responding in the time of sending
a notice but this version doesn't

thanks
--
aliva <ali vakilzade gmail com>