Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Updated replaygain plugin, fixes pause support

On Sun, 2010-02-07 at 20:20 +1000, Jonathan Matthew wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Jonathan Matthew <jonathan d14n org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Calvin Walton <calvin walton gmail com> wrote:
> >> Enjoy, at least until replaygain is properly fixed :)
> >
> > This will happen pretty soon.
>
> I've just checked in the new replaygain plugin (and removed all the
> old replaygain code). It currently uses rgvolume and rglimiter to
> perform replaygain processing, with configurable pre-amp, gain mode
> (radio or album), and limiter (yes or no) settings. It calculates a
> fallback gain level based on the last 10 tracks that included
> replaygain data, rather than keeping the value from the previous track
> or just using 0.0.

Sounds good! I'll pull the git tonight and give it a workout.

> xfade: add ability to insert per-stream filters
> replaygain: new plugin using GStreamer's ReplayGain elements

Ah, I see. You've added a new ability for plugins to insert a filter
per-stream, instead of only as a global (output) filter. That solves
some of the issues I was having, and makes the crossfading in the
crossfade mode actually work. (The volume-change before the crossfade
started with my simple plugin was amusing, but not pleasant.)

I'll be sure to file bugs if I find any issues, wouldn't want them to
make it into the next release :)

--
Calvin Walton <calvin walton gmail com>