[Rhythmbox-devel] Scrobble Free 0.4 released

Hi,

Scrobble Free is a plug-in for Rhythmbox that supports sending your
listening habits to multiple social music web site at the same time,
i.e. to both libre.fm and last.fm simultaneously.

Amongst other improvements and bug fixes, this release implements
queuing and saving tracks to disk when off-line or in the event of
scrobbling failure, I highly recommend you upgrade to it.

Download:
<http://web.vee.net/projects/scrobblefree/scrobblefree-0.4.tar.bz2>

Public bzr repo:
<bzr+http://code.vee.net/bzr/scrobblefree/mainline>

What's new:

 * Queue scrobbles per service and save any unscrobbled tracks to disk
   on plug-in deactivation.
 * Improved error handling. Implement reconnection and backoff per the
   Last.fm Submissions Protocol v1.2.1 spec.
 * Use Network Manager if present to determine when a network
   connection has been re-established.

Bug fixes:

 * Track actual seconds being played for determining if a track should
   be scrobbled - can now avoid scrobbling by skipping to near the end.
 * Don't depend on GTK+ 2.16, we don't really need any of its
   features, yet.

Stuff to Come:

Stop network traffic from blocking the UI, support for ♥'ing tracks,
configuration and status UI polish.

Patches, bug reports and feature requests welcome!

/Mike (mjog on irc and identi.ca)

--
⎊ Michael Gratton. "Mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat."
⎈ <http://web.vee.net/>