[no subject]

Then entry views and possibly property views would need to be updated to use
this property. It'd need quite a lot of discussion I think, as there would
be quite a few different ways to handle it, some requiring less work than
others. Banshee, iTunes and songbird are the players i've looked at, and
they all do things differently.

Then finally other parts of the system could be improved by using the album
artist property. When sorting by album, entry views could distinguish
between identically titled albums by different album artists. the cover art
plugin would be better to use album artist. and the itunes plugin could
write the properties to the database. I'm sure there are others too.

I suppose it might be a bit too small for an entire summer.

> This along with a rework of the last.fm plugin (including support for
> correcting song names) would be a pretty decent SoC project.
>
> This sounds like something I would definately be interested in trying. I
suppose it would mainly involve updating to use the new api. But would/could
it also want a complete ui overhaul? I personally would quite like if
last.fm radio stations were saved in the source view as children of the main
last.fm source. And the main last.fm source was used for creating new
stations and possibly even viewing your profile. Just an idea...

Any other suggestions or help would be much appreciated. I'm still pretty
new to this whole thing and just wanting to help out in whatever way I can
really. Plus doing a gsoc sounds like it would be much more fun than
stacking shelves all summer :D

--0023545309889d6ab60482824a4e

n-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0.8ex; bord=
er-left-width: 1px; border-left-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); border-left-styl=
e: solid; padding-left: 1ex; ">
ll to be a GSoC project.<br>&gt; Could you expand on what would be involved=
 in the project? =A0Maybe I&#39;m<br>&gt; not thinking hard enough, or mayb=
e we could expand it a bit.<br>
 i&#39;ve gathered: first of all i&#39;d need to add a field to the databas=
e for album artist (and sortname). Now that gstreamer supports this tag it =
can be loaded from files. RBEntry could then get a couple new properties, a=
nd song info dialogs changed to allow editing them.</div>
 to be updated to use this property. It&#39;d need quite a lot of discussio=
n I think, as there would be quite a few different ways to handle it, some =
requiring less work than others. Banshee, iTunes and songbird are the playe=
rs i&#39;ve looked at, and they all do things differently.</div>
d by using the album artist property. When sorting by album, entry views co=
uld distinguish between identically titled albums by different album artist=
s. the cover art plugin would be better to use album artist. and the itunes=
 plugin could write the properties to the database. I&#39;m sure there are =
others too.</div>
op: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0.8ex; border-=
left-width: 1px; border-left-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); border-left-style: =
solid; padding-left: 1ex; ">
This along with a rework of the=A0<a href=3D"http://last.fm"; target=3D"_bla=
nk">last.fm</a>=A0plugin (including support for<br>correcting song names) w=
ike something I would definately be interested in trying. I suppose it woul=
d mainly involve updating to use the new api. But would/could it also want =
a complete ui overhaul? I personally would quite like if <a href=3D"http://=
last.fm">last.fm</a> radio stations were saved in the source view as childr=
en of the main <a href=3D"http://last.fm";>last.fm</a> source. And the main =
tions and possibly even viewing your profile. Just an idea...</div>
. I&#39;m still pretty new to this whole thing and just wanting to help out=
 in whatever way I can really. Plus doing a gsoc sounds like it would be mu=
ch more fun than stacking shelves all summer :D</div>

--0023545309889d6ab60482824a4e--