Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Elementary

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 3:34 AM, Ryan Peters <sloshy45 sbcglobal net> wrote:
 On 09/23/2010 11:34 AM, yank memo wrote:
do you find a combined button play/pause useless?
It saves space and why would you ever need to click play when you're listening to a song, and pause when you aren't listening to a song? It's like combining stop/go in a web browser, where you wouldn't need to click go when the page is loading and wouldn't need to stop when the page is loaded.

You misunderstand me, actually in  rhythmbox git version you only got a toggle Play button. With the ubuntu patch when you're playing a song then the "play" button transform into a "pause" button and vice et versa. Pause don't even exist in the git version, it's confusing, you're already playing a song and the UI propose to "play" not to "pause" the current song.

   * an icon view for covert/album art: there's an excellent plugin

     which was released a few days ago, rhythmarty. It can be an
     excellent candidate to this UI revamp, i already contacted its
     developer and he's interested too to work on this project.

Honestly I think this should stay as an optional plugin. That style of album browsing is confusing and slow compared to a simple list to me, and it wastes system resources. But that's just my opinion; if you or anyone else find it useful then by all means, work on it! Just let me be able to turn it off, please :)

rhythmarty is already a plugin. It can stay this way. The main idea behind this is to have different possible visualization like in a file manager or like in itunes with differents mode list / icons / clutterview for the main view.

  *
   * a clutterview (like in nautilus-elementary) : an animated view

     like coverflow or cooliris. something like this
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHHSOdVG2t4 , 3 modes:
     film/grid/coverflow.

As with the previous, I don't really like this either. A separate plugin, or at least the ability to turn it off, would be great.

It should be a plugin too or an option, we want users without 3d video card support to use the application too ;)