Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox problems

They could just be missing a file extension. Windows XP uses file
extensions to associate files with programs, GNOME uses mimetypes (the
contents of the file).

I think Rhythmbox rips music to OGG (.ogg) by default. Windows doesn't
support that format out of the box, but you can download a codec from
the vorbis site (http://www.vorbis.com/)

Luke.