Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Location of last.fm/audioscrobbler credentials

On 21 December 2011 01:18, Bram Bonné <bram bonne gmail com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm writing a rhythmbox plugin that updates a track's playcount from
> last.fm. The current code can be found at [1], and is completely
> functional. However, as you can see, the username is still hardcoded in
> there.

I wrote some python scripts about 6 months ago that do this as well as
rate 5 stars for all your 'loved' tracks.
https://launchpad.net/rb-mergeplays

They're pretty hacky and use a separate script, but they get the job done:
http://bugs.foocorp.net/projects/librefm/wiki/LastToLibre
http://gitorious.org/fmthings/lasttolibre/blobs/raw/master/lastexport.py

Got some questions for you.
Is pinging last.fm on every song change a good idea, are there limits
to the API?
What happens when the playcount in your library is higher than the
last.fm count?
Updating the whole database in one go seems like a better idea to me
because once you're scrobbling to last.fm your playcounts are always
going to match.

Awesome work on the plugin though, works seamlessly. :)

Lachlan