Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Ques: Rhythmbox & Song Ratings

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 22:23 -0500, Matt Curcio wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have a question regarding the song rating system that Rhythmbox
> uses.  I like Rhythmbox very much but from time to time I would like
> to re-install my OS.  I would like to find out if Rhythmbox allows one
> to backup the 'song ratings' that I have worked on.  I have looked all
> around the Ubuntu file system and have tried using the forums but to
> no avail.

The ratings for songs in your Rhythmbox library are stored in the
database XML file, along with some other informations. In a recent
version of rhythmbox, this will be stored at

~/.local/share/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml

The ratings are associated with the files by filename, so if you put the
files back in the exact same spot as they were before reinstalling, you
could simply backup and restore the rhythmdb.xml file and keep your
ratings (and playcounts, etc).

> Any help would be appreciated,
> Cheers,

Calvin Walton <calvin walton gmail com>