Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rb and Ipod

Did you look at other plugins to see how they write their code? That's probably the best route to take to start off...

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Liron Tal <liricooli gmail com> wrote:
Hi,
I have an 80 GB Ipod Classic with ratings on most of the songs.
to update the Ipod, I use gtkpod.
I build my Playlists in Rb, and export them to gtkpod and than update my Ipod.

I want to sync the ratings I give to songs on Rb on the Ipod, and sync the ratings I update in the Ipod back to Rb.

I searched for Rb plugins and didn't find any.

a. are there any plugins that may help ?
b. I've started playing around with the python console to write a plugin.
 I'm using this code to get the playlist but get a Dbus Exception. any Idea's what's wrong?

#! /usr/bin/env python
import dbus
session_bus = dbus.SessionBus()
proxy_obj = session_bus.get_object( 'org.gnome.Rhythmbox', '/org/gnome/Rhythmbox/Player')
player = dbus.Interface(proxy_obj, 'org.gnome.Rhythmbox.Player')
print player.getPlayingUri()

Thanks,
Liron