[Rhythmbox-devel] add a different mp3 column and sort on it

I would love to add the mp3 field 'comment'. I store the genre, BPM, and rating in that field as string so that it is available in all applications. At least, it was on windows. I don't see anyway to use a file manager or a media player on ubuntu to access the field, make playlists based on it, or burn mp3s. Any help doing any of this in rhythmbox would be most appreciated.

The strings look like:
'Salsa 172bpm 5-great'

Dennis Gearon

Signature Warning
It is always a good idea to learn from your own mistakes. It is usually a better idea to learn from others’ mistakes, so you do not have to make them yourself. from 'http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=4501&tag=nl.e036'

EARTH has a Right To Life,
otherwise we all die.