Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] problems parsing podcast feeds

On 03/18/2011 01:44 AM, Lachlan de Waard wrote:
On 18 March 2011 15:37, Laine Stump<laine laine org>  wrote:
I'm running the rhythmbox that is part of Fedora 14 (currently at version
0.13.3). It is having trouble parsing podcast feeds that rhythmbox 0.12.8
(on Fedora 13) has no trouble with. For example, the current state of the
Car Talk feed at NPR cannot even be added to rhthmbox 0.13.3's feeds:
I just added them both to RB 0.13.3 without any problems.

Which leads to my other question: is there an external library being called to do any of the network IO or parse the feed contents? Very definitely the user experience of 0.13.3 is broken on my system; if it's working on yours, then maybe there's some external library in use that's a different version on your system.

(Strangely, if I run wireshark on the interface that's getting the traffic, I see that the first time I try to add the Car Talk feed, it gets back the entire contents (but doesn't add the feed to the list). The 2nd time, I just retransmits"GET /rss/podcast.php?id=510208 HTTP/1.1" several times (ie, the remote server isn't sending a TCP ACK!). So it's keeping the connection open, but it's broken in some way. But of course this happens after the initial failure - for that the tcp stream seems just fine.)

http://npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=510208

Here's another:

http://npr.org/rss/podcast.php?id=35

There are several others, but that should be enough to get the idea.

I have two questions:

1) is the parsing of the feeds done in rhythmbox code directly, or is an
external library called?

2) Is this mailing list the appropriate place to report these problems? Or
is there a bug tracking system somewhere (aside from Fedora's) that is
preferred?