Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Odd Podcast behaviour?

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 21:10 +0000, Dr. Curt 'Mex' Nicol D.D. Ph.D.
wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I've been using Rythmbox to listen to podcasts for quite some time
> now, but it's just stopped working with some of them. Specifically I
> can no longer get:
> http://escapepod.org/podcast.xml

$ wget http://escapepod.org/podcast.xml
[...]
Length: unspecified [text/xml]
Saving to: `index.html'
[...]
$ file index.html
index.html: gzip compressed data, from Unix

> http://feeds.escapeartists.net/PodCastle_Main

Ditto.

> I just get an 'Unable to parse the feed contents' error, the rest are
> all OK though. I don't recall doing an update, so not sure why it has
> suddenly broke. Both feeds work fine in gPodder.

Because the people hosting those podcasts broke it. Tell them that this
isn't how you implement gzip compression in HTTP.

Cheers