[Rhythmbox-devel] Play random Albums instead of songs

Hello everyone!
I am currently working on a project for college where i have to understand a program and implement a new functionality. I have chosen rhythmbox, because i use it everyday and always wanted to implement the functionality of playing random albums instead of songs. Basically, the steps are as follow:

1. pick a random album;
2. play its tracks (in linear order or shuffled);

I searched in the archives and saw some people requesting it, but haven't found any progress on the issue.
I have already checked the files rb-play-order* and have fairly understood their working. Now i am a little confused about rb-history and how i could get the albums and put their tracks in a history for play-order to pick from. At least that's how i think it should work.
I would apreciate if anyone could give me some hints on where to look, how to get albums and songs, etc.
Thanks in advance.

--
Matheus Araújo Aguiar
Computer Science Student