[Rhythmbox-devel] Can't edit Tags

Rhythmbox is great, thanks developers.  However, it is driving me nuts.  Sometime in the past month (on upgrade to ubuntu 12.10?) Rhythybox stopped allowing me to change any tags or properties.  I am talking about valid .mp3 files with ID3 tags that I could edit with Rhythmbox a month ago, so no, it is not a file format issue.  I chown'd and chmod'd all my music files, so no it is not a file permission issue. I have been using Amarok instead and it sucks in comparison.  Please, any help so I can get my Rhythmbox back?