Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Dbus Interface Changed?

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Liron Tal <liricooli gmail com> wrote:
> Hi Guys, I've written a nice script to sync metadata such as Ratings and
> Playcounts Between my Ipod and Rhythmbox.
>
> I haven't used it in quite a while, and now while running it I get this
> Exception:
> I'm using the "exportPlaylist" method.
>
>> dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod:
>> Method "exportPlaylist" with signature "ssb" on interface
>> "org.gnome.Rhythmbox.PlaylistManager" doesn't exist

If you're now using a recent version of rhythmbox (probably labelled
as 2.90.1), the dbus interfaces were rearranged and renamed to ensure
that clients expecting the old version don't get confused by the
changes.

The new well known bus name is org.gnome.Rhythmbox3. The objects exposed are:
- the GApplication instance at /org/gnome/Rhythmbox3
- the play queue at /org/gnome/Rhythmbox3/PlayQueue, with an interface
that allows URIs to be added to and removed from the queue
- the playlist manager at /org/gnome/Rhythmbox3/PlaylistManager, with
roughly the same interface as before, just with names consistent with
everything else
- the database at /org/gnome/Rhythmbox3/RhythmDB, with an interface
that allows entry properties to be fetched and updated

The player interface was removed as the MPRIS interface provides all
the same features, is better designed, and works with other software
too.