Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] How to display Chinese in rhythmbox?

On Wed, 2012-07-25 at 01:55 +0800, nile.wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I played a song whose title is Simplified Chinese, Rhythmbox can't
> display the title right. It was like this:

This happens when the tags in the MP3 file are incorrectly encoded. It
looks like the title is encoded in a GB encoding, but it's stored in a
field that is marked as Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1).

Your best option is probably to re-encode the tags in the file to
Unicode. Tools like Easytag[1] or Musicbrainz Picard[2] have the ability
to read tags in "legacy" encodings and rewrite them in Unicode.

[1] http://easytag.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard/

Hope that helps.
--
Calvin Walton <calvin walton kepstin ca>