Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Q: Why cache embedded album art in ~/.cache/rhythmbox/album-art?

> Also, it doesn't seem to work right all the time. I didn't debug this,
> so the following observation could be mistaken, but it seems to me that
> when I play a new album for the first time, the cover art will only
> appear _after_ playing the first track. Why is this so?

That could be a bug - you'd need to explore where the image came
from (online search, embedded in the music files, local hard drive
next to the music file, etc).

I've had that happen before but wasn't able to reliably reproduce it. I think it had something to do with slow network speed, If rhythmbox didn't download the cover fast enough it would fall back to the blank image. After a few seconds I could pause and the art was there.

I never got this for albums with existing cover art.