[Rhythmbox-devel] Wishlist: Multiple podcast download threads

If I recall correctly, Rhythmbox used to be able to download multiple podcast files simultaneously. Now it is restricted to one at a time. This is really annoying when one podcast in the mix is coming from a source that throttles heavily. Allowing multiple download threads would let the other podcasts download without being held up by one ridiculously slow file.

Example: I download 7 NPR podcasts, which download efficiently. I also download a Commonwealth Club podcast, which downloads slowly. If the CWC podcast downloads first, the others have to wait well over five minutes to begin. In that time, I could have downloaded every episode of the other podcasts and started to listen, allowing me to move away from the machine and be working on other things.

Thanks