[Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox and Squeezebox/Logitech Media Server (and Chumby)

Greetings! I have a chumby, which supports streaming from squeezebox/Logitech Media Server. I have the squeezebox server working on my desktop and the chumby working as a receiver for it. I'm using the Logitech interface (http://localhost:9000 on any browser on the desktop).

Is there any way to control squeezebox through Rhythmbox, so that it will play either my music files or my last.fm stream, and send it out to my chumby? It looks like it might be possible, but nothing I try seems to be working.

I have tried coherence, which just seems to be able to receive the stream that a squeezebox server is sending. (Am I doing something wrong?)

I have tried https://github.com/jldupont/rb_squeezebox , but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

I know of the existence of GStreamer but I don't know where to get started.

If this can be done, can someone give me a more solid place to start, or even walk me through it? Thank you so much.
--Galadriel