Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] iTunes mozilla plugin

On Wed, 2012-11-07 at 11:33 -0500, Bryan Quigley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there were any example pages of the iTunes plugin
> working (did apple change their protocol?).   I can't add podcasts
> from Apple's site using it.  I also don't think it is as necessary as
> it was a few years ago, with more sites supporting other options.  For
> example: http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_detail.php?siteId=9911203
> .  Oddly enough the POD option doesn't prefill rhytmbox for me,
> either.   Less plugins are generally better for privacy
> (https://panopticlick.eff.org).  [Unfortunately, using Windows 7 is
> better for privacy by this metric, so it's a difficult problem, and
> obviously should not be the only metric used]

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but the "iTunes plugin" does one
thing, and one thing only. Advertise that you have the iTunes plugin
installed, as if you had iTunes installed on OSX or Windows.

I don't know whether it's still needed. It does none of the things that
you thought it did though.

Cheers