Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] FW: FW: last.fm plugin does not ask for username/password

Thanks for this pointer - gtk_show_uri() requires gvfs to be present.
I installed gvfs, but the problem remains.

Both banshee and rhythmbox now show variations of the same error:

{"error":14,"message":"This token has not been authorized"}

I'm wondering if this above has something to do with cookies.
I have 3rd party cookies allowed in Opera though...

> (If you're interested why: http://www.last.fm/api/desktopauth
> documents the authorisation process. Part 4 of that, auth.getSession, is the
> point at which we keep being told that we're not authorised. If you look at
> http://www.last.fm/api/show/auth.getSession it shows that a successful
> response would contain the username. That's the first time that the app can
> know which username the user has signed in to last.fm with, since they could
> use any username in their browser.)

I guess I need to look at this next - a lot of work for something that should be simple :)

> if you run banshee  from a terminal does it output the url that it tries to send you to? (If not, can
> you edit the source to make it?).

Unfortunately "banshee --debug" does not show the url...