[Rhythmbox-devel] help needed with example RBv2.99 python plugin

Hi guys,

  I'm looking at Jonathan's python example to create popup menus in the new RBv2.99 way of doing things.

 - https://live.gnome.org/Rhythmbox%20Plugins/Python%20Plugin%20Examples

However I'm a bit stuck - I'm sure I'm missing something totally obvious - so can anyone enlighten me please?

I've boiled the problem down to this simple plugin:

 - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3575524/sample-python.tar.gz

called "sample-python", clicking the sample-python source you'll see a big button.  Click on it and a popup menu is displayed.

Both use the new RBv2.99 "rb-plugin-menu-link" and the code adds a Gio.MenuItem to the base of the Gio.Menu as well as to a sub-menu.

running: rhythmbox -D sample

Clicking the base "working" menu item, this fires the Gio.SimpleAction connected event (you'll see "hi" in the output)
Clicking the sub-menu item, this never fires the same connected Gio.SimpleAction event.

Why?  What am I missing here?

I've also tried using "rb-menu-link" and adding a shared menu as a submenu, but no luck.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers

David