[Rhythmbox-devel] better way to detect when rhythmbox has started?

Several of my plugins need to perform some processing after rhythmbox has fully started up (i.e. the database has been fully loaded).

Currently I'm using the load-complete signal  on RB.RhythmDB.

However - the obvious issue is that when a user first activates a plugin, the load-complete signal has long ago been fired.

Thus I'm using a hack - wait for 3 seconds and if load-complete has not been detected, then do the processing anyway.

Thus to my question - is there a better way to detect when rhythmbox has started?

i.e. some kind of property that maybe I can regulary poll for to see if it has been set post load-complete?